Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thyme for Corn

I'm reluctant to see the end of the summer corn season because I love fresh corn so much, but even I must admit that plain corn can get a little boring toward the end of the run. So, to jazz it up a little, I tried grilling it and brushing the ears with thyme-infused butter.

We have a Jennair grill but I don't see why a grill pan wouldn't work just as well for this. All I did was melt a little butter and add fresh thyme leaves from the garden, letting the two rest together for about half an hour before brushing the mixture on the corn as it turned dark brown in spots from the grilling. The flavor was still Ripe Corn, but with an added layer of herbal magic. So, if you are sad about the end of corn season, as I am, make some thyme for corn before it's all gone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Corn & thyme, makes for an excellent soup too!

Saturday, November 08, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, I think it's a match made in heaven!

Sunday, November 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home