Sunday, November 2, 2008

Simply the Best

"Nobody does it better.
Makes me feel sad for the rest.
Nobody does it half as good as you,
Baby, baby, Biggles, you're the best."

This is the last scrap of a tri-tip roast, presented like a rosy gift on his grandmother's beautiful enameled china, that the Reverend Dr. Biggles smoked, out in the torrential rains of yesterday, for me and my fellow luckies at Meathenge Labs yesterday.

Truly a religious experience, beef made holy. There was jerky to taste, sausages to savor and pork to roll our eyes over but this beef, this blessed beef, was simply out of this world. The man is truly a master.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, ya braggart!
Wait. I was there! That's my little slice of homegrown jalapeno at the top of the plate.

The meat was INSANE. Of course.

Sunday, November 02, 2008  
Blogger meathenge said...

Dang, sweet !!!

Um, even I have to admit it was really good.

Just so everyone knows, it was raining hard all day. In fact, if I hadn't got the smoker fired up at 10am, we'd never been able to sample the goodness.

Biggles

Sunday, November 02, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, it's okay if you brag about others.

Biggles, thank you again, both for your skill and for the effort. I know how much work is involved and it's not easy!

Sunday, November 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home