Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chopzilla

When we spent a rainy afternoon browsing through the Oxbow Public Market in Napa, we spied at the Fatted Calf these enormous heritage Porterhouse pork chops and simply couldn't resist buying two. To give you a sense of perspective, that's a dinner plate!

Chopzilla!

I served them simply, as befits such fine behemoths of porkitude. I slowly sauteed some onions, turning them frequently until nearly caramelized, then set them aside while I browned the chops in the same pan and lowered the heat to continue cooking. Topped with said onions and some of my homemade applesauce, they were simply delicious. My Beloved ate his in a single sitting but the rest of mine will furnish part of tonight's dinner.

Chopzilla, Destroyer of Hunger.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Yikes! You could gnaw on that for a few days.

Saturday, May 09, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ohmagaw! I think I would actually love munching on that. For a few days.

PS: Cora is fabulous.

Saturday, May 09, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, truly mountainous.

Cookiecrumb, we are in love with Corazon, too.

Sunday, May 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home