Saturday, May 2, 2009

Good Medicine

My friend Momo is recovering from knee surgery so she is currently confined to quarters. She's a multi-talented marbling (ebru) artist, book binder and photographer, so her enforced layoff is no fun at all. Also, I hadn't seen her in a while, so I offered to bring her some lunch the other day. I made Salade Nicoise.

The salmon was some I had planked a few days earlier. The egg was deviled with curry powder. I made the vinaigrette for the potato salad with a lemon from my own tree and fresh thyme and thyme blossoms from the garden. Add a few olives and some cornichons and it may not be a very classic Salade Nicoise, but it was mighty good medicine, as was our shared laughter.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, and to have leftover planked salmon to make this with. Lucky friend.

Saturday, May 02, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, for once, I planned it that way! :-)

Monday, May 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home