Saturday, May 2, 2009

Good Medicine

My friend Momo is recovering from knee surgery so she is currently confined to quarters. She's a multi-talented marbling (ebru) artist, book binder and photographer, so her enforced layoff is no fun at all. Also, I hadn't seen her in a while, so I offered to bring her some lunch the other day. I made Salade Nicoise.

The salmon was some I had planked a few days earlier. The egg was deviled with curry powder. I made the vinaigrette for the potato salad with a lemon from my own tree and fresh thyme and thyme blossoms from the garden. Add a few olives and some cornichons and it may not be a very classic Salade Nicoise, but it was mighty good medicine, as was our shared laughter.



Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, and to have leftover planked salmon to make this with. Lucky friend.

Saturday, May 02, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, for once, I planned it that way! :-)

Monday, May 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home