Monday, May 4, 2009

Breakfast Bomb

My Beloved has a busy week of work coming up and his breakfast time is limited. He usually makes his own breakfast but I'm pitching in this week. I decided to try making the homemade equivalent of a certain sinful breakfast sandwich,* switching a few ingredients.

I toasted an English muffin while I warmed in a small frying pan a few thin slices of the herbed salami that came in our CARE package (yes, it's still yielding delicious meals!), adding an egg once the salami was ready. My Beloved likes his eggs "over easy" but I didn't want him to goober his shirt, so I pierced the yolk and cooked it almost through before topping it with raclette cheese for a few minutes of melting.

Assembled into a quickly-edible sandwich, My Beloved pronounced it fit for breakfast but, because of the strong-tasting sausage and cheese, perhaps a little better suited to lunch. Nevertheless, he headed out the door fueled for his busy day of work by this serious breakfast bomb.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

That's my Friday breakfast treat, only with ham and no cheese but always with a toasted muffin!

Monday, May 04, 2009  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh that raclette sealed the deal for me.

Monday, May 04, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, I used to have this frequently when I was working and the little restaurant near my work made really delicious ones. Now they are a much rarer treat.

Greg, yeah, it's all about ingredients, isn't it?

Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home