Monday, November 22, 2010

Holiday Giving

I wasn't going to talk about this before Thanksgiving but, hey, all the Christmas crap is already in the stores, so what the heck?

My Beloved and I shop all year 'round for holiday gifting. We grab intriguing stuff that we know our family and friends will like when we see it, then stash it in baskets marked with their names until it's time to wrap. We usually haul the baskets down off the closet shelf around this time of year, check to make sure we have something cool for everyone on our list, and plan to shop for the few holdouts.

I thought you'd be amused by the way the guest room looks at this time of year. Ordered chaos. The big winner this year will be our granddaughter - what else is new? She loves books so those will be her main presents but there's a kit for making tiaras and a couple of silly games, too. I plan to make tiaras with her myself but we may let My Beloved join in, too.

Soon, the wrapping begins. We each have pretty big families but, still, what were we thinking?

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Gosh.... I wish I was that organized! I wait as long as possible to prolong the agony.

Monday, November 22, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I finally weaned my relatives off gifts. I only shop for Cranky, and the occasional special treat for a friend (but even that's rare).

You and your beloved have a big chore ahead. I hope he's as good at wrapping as you are.

Monday, November 22, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Where on earth can I find a kit for making tiaras?

Monday, November 22, 2010  
Anonymous Peter said...

Has a certain box arrived yet?

Monday, November 22, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, you make me laugh. Have fun agonizing.

Cookiecrumb, but if you don't give gifts, you don't _get_ gifts! I admit to loving gifts.

Ms Mouse, here's the one I bought; it's a book with makings inside:
http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Socks-Make-Tiaras-Activity/dp/1591743710/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1290523863&sr=1-10

Peter, no it hasn't but you sent it by ground so it will take some time. Not to worry.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, I was a very good gift giver. My relatives were simply not. It took me years to acknowledge it.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, I feel your pain. No fair to get and not give. Bah, humbug!

Sunday, November 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home