Friday, November 19, 2010

Agneau Hachis Avec Riz Blanc

I know this looks like a dog's dinner and, in fact, it is. Ground lamb cooked with white rice. Nice and mild for Cora's upset stomach.

I mix it with a little of her kibble, pour chicken broth over the whole mess and stir.

Her toe is healing nicely, thanks, but she still can't get a good jackrabbit start when she chases the crows. She hops again on three legs after those attempts so I know it still smarts. Most of the time, however, she walks and trots without a limp.

We're going to have a tough time weaning her off the gourmet food and back onto plain kibble after the past two weeks. Maybe I can think up a fancy French name for plain kibble.

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

My dog is jealous. :)

Friday, November 19, 2010  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

To heck with the dog - I'M jealous! I want to have Zoomie as my personal chef if I get sick.

Friday, November 19, 2010  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Try weaning her by just mixing the rice with the kibble, without the meat. My two love rice!

Friday, November 19, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Why wean? just kibble must be so dull for a puppy.
WHen we had dogs we'd make "doggy stoo" soup bones, rice, some chopped veg, all cooked up in the pressure cooker. The dogs loved it, mum not so much, she had to pick up the bones before mowing the lawn :)

Friday, November 19, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I didn't know you have a dog! Introduce us to her/him!

Nancy, believe me, you wouldn't relish this stuff, especially mixed with kibble.

KatieZ, good plan.

Ms Mouse, I do change up the flavors from bag to bag but I often think of that - how boring for her! However, I have to admit to giving her table scraps after dinner is over, so hers is not a completely sad existence.

Saturday, November 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home