Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hamburger Heaven

I had heard about this burger from my pal Irene, she who knows all the best restaurants a month before anyone else. I think she's channeling Michael Bauer. Or maybe she's his secret dinner companion? In any case, she's always in the know so the rest of us follow her lead.

When the monster burger came to the table at Murray Circle, where I was lunching with two of my longest-standing friends in the world, my first thought was, "Geez, I'll never finish that!" My second thought was "The fries are undercooked."

Wrong on both counts. I did pack in the entire gigantic pillow of lovely, medium-rare chopped beef topped with a savory cheese and the fries were delicious, if pale. Crisp and herbal on the outside, creamy on the inside - just the way I like 'em.

So, if you are wondering where to meet your pals for lunch, once again I can recommend Murray Circle. It's a little spendy but for food quality, service and atmosphere (where else can you get such a dramatic view of the Golden Gate bridge?), it really can't be beat.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger ☺lani☺ said...

Oh my! I want to bite it :) Happy Weekend!

Saturday, November 13, 2010  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

Have you been to the Brazilian steak house in Pt Richmond yet?

Saturday, November 13, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I had lunch there with a couple of friends, one of whom ordered the burger. "Best burger in the Bay Area," he proclaimed.
(Me? I had some duck egg thing. You know me.)

Saturday, November 13, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

There's a trend going on over here (probably old over there) for Wagu Beef Burgers. I do mean to try one ... one day. I suspect they look a lot like that :)

Saturday, November 13, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Lani, well, come on down! :-)

Chilebrown, no, not since shortly after it opened, and I gather it has improved quite a bit since then. Have you? Give me your opinion, if so.

Cookiecrumb, your friend may be right - really was delicious. Lean but full of flavor and perfectly cooked.

Ms Mouse, yes, Wagyu is all the rage here, too. Not sure why - the one time I tried it, I thought it had a peculiar taste. May have just been that day?

Sunday, November 14, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Wagyu beef is fine, if you're looking for that Kobe effect. As a steak. But the fact that it's ground up with fat for burgers pretty much undermines its special purpose. Also, 'spensive.

Sunday, November 14, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

The burger was grass-fed rather than Wagyu. It was everything a hamburger should be. Swoony.

Sunday, November 14, 2010  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

Grass Fed? Icky!

Sunday, November 14, 2010  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Grass fed - yay :)

Sunday, November 14, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, I'll treat you to a hamburger at Murray Circle and then we'll see what you say... I'm confident.

Ms Mouse, you said it!

Monday, November 15, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home