Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Did It Again

I was so turned on by the kabocha squash roasted with mild Italian sausage that I made a few days ago that I decided to do it again, this time with all the rest of the fairly large kabocha and chicken apple sausages. There was method to my madness - I wanted to cook enough squash in the sausage drippings to make dinner plus a pot of roasted squash soup.

I can definitely recommend this with the chicken apple sausage - just as good as the Italian - but the links were much smaller so I browned then removed them, added the squash to the browning pan, roasted the squash in a 350 degree oven until nearly done, then added the links back in for a few minutes so they'd cook through but not become dry.

That combo of squash and sausage - oh, yes.

Nailing two meals with one roasting, also a big yes.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

It looks so warm and comforting. Perfect for our upcoming weather.

Thursday, November 18, 2010  
Blogger Kailyn said...

Now I need to head to Burma Superstar. They do a yummy stew of kabocha and pork.

Thursday, November 18, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Even better looking the second time.
(Hey, Kailyn, thanks for the tip!)

Peter? We're expecting to hear from you.

Thursday, November 18, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I'd eat this even in good weather.

Kailyn, I have heard of Burma Superstar but never yet tried it. So many treats, so little time!

Cookiecrumb, I wonder what Peter thinks? :-)

Friday, November 19, 2010  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Love squash with sausage - I've just stir-fried the 2 together. Now I have to try this! No kaboocha, tho.... Still lots of butternuts...

Friday, November 19, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

KatieZ, I'm pretty sure that any winter squash would be a great combo with the sausages.

Friday, November 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home