Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Muffin Man

When my most excellent house guest, Mister, was here he brought me a package of muffin mix from Williams- Sonoma. Pumpkin Pecan muffin mix, to be exact, prettily packaged. Then My Beloved's daughter Katie offered to come over and model one of her wedding dress selections for us last weekend; I countered with a promise to make muffins for a brunch. Win-win.

We had fun admiring the possible dress and looking on the internet at several other candidates before sitting down to eat. The muffins were delicious, lightly sweet with lots of flavor and light "pumpkin spice," if you know what I mean - orange, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg. The mix made nine big muffins and a dozen of these mini muffins in the silicone muffin "papers" I had purchased at Kamei years ago but had never used.

The silicone cups are the berries - not only gayly colored but the muffins slipped right out. No sticking and they are dishwasher safe as well as oven proof (although how you'd put them in a dishwasher without having them fall through to the bottom is a mystery).

We sat out on the deck on a unseasonably warm November afternoon discussing the pros and cons of the various wedding dress candidates and soaking up the sunshine while we devoured most of the muffins.

All thanks to Mister, the Muffin Man.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

We have them too. I feel your pain with the dishwasher action. I end up hand washing them.

Saturday, November 20, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I don't even bake muffins and I want those mini cups!
(I want to see the dress...)

Saturday, November 20, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, it's the only way. They are cool, tho', and I'll use them a lot.

Cookiecrumb, I don't usually bake muffins, either, but was lured by the bright colors. I seem to be a sucker for anything with bright colors.

Sunday, November 21, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home