Saturday, February 13, 2010

Comforting

Out doing errands around lunchtime, My Beloved and I decided to stop in at Comforts in San Anselmo for a bite to eat. Turns out they serve more than just a "bite," in fact, it's more like a feast.

My Beloved chose the War Wonton soup - he loves that hearty soup - and declared it to be by far the best he has ever tasted. The broth was richly flavored and there were even dark green spinach leaves floating amongst the dumplings, pink pork and noodles.

I dithered for a while but eventually settled on the Prawn Club Sandwich. Even after giving a quarter to My Beloved to enjoy, I still couldn't finish this generous and delicious sandwich. The prawns were big and plentiful, the thick slices of unctuous avocado squeezed out and plopped onto the plate, the lettuce was dark and really fresh, and the crispy bacon added over-the-topness to the whole gorgeous bundle. I can't fit an entire bite of club sandwich into my mouth - you'd have to be Joe E. Brown to accomplish that - but I nibbled away until half the sandwich was inside me and that was enough.

This is the severalth time we have been to Comforts and have always had good meals there. San Anselmo is blessed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Joe E. Brown, that gave me a trip in the "way back machine". That looks like a sandwich for two. Or maybe breakfast and lunch.

Saturday, February 13, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Why do they serve such gargantuan portions?
Well, I guess it's nice to have leftovers, but some people think they need to clean their plates...
Pretty food, must say.

Saturday, February 13, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, me, too, with the thought of Mr. Brown. Made me smile.

Cookiecrumb, it was really just one sandwich but so filled that it was more than a meal. I love club sandwiches but I always wish they'd leave out that extra piece of bread, which makes it too big to bite gracefully. 'Twas delicious, however, even if I couldn't finish it.

Saturday, February 13, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home