Sunday, May 17, 2009

Slammin' Sammy

So, how to perk up a *grump* plain old roast beast sandwich on *sigh* boring sourdough white bread with *yawn* just lettuce?

Add some white truffle butter.

My Beloved found a small tub of this heart-stoppingly expensive butter when we went to the Oxbow Public Market and, dummy me, I nearly talked him out of buying it.

Are you sure, honey? Isn't it too expensive? What if we don't like it? What would we use it for?

What was I thinking?

This stuff is pure gold for sparking up sammies, dabbing on spuds, or enriching sauces. I keep spreading a little bit in this dish, a smear on that plate and to everything it adds a touch of class. This stuff could even wake up a sagging sex life.

Blast on down to your local delicatessen and get your own tub - it's worth every penny.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

It is blissful isn't it. A rare and special treat indeed.

Sunday, May 17, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I would put that stuff on cornflakes.

Sunday, May 17, 2009  
Blogger Greg said...

That sounds absolutely decadent!

Sunday, May 17, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, that man knows a great thing when he sees it!

Cookiecrumb, oh, yeah - just about anything, including licking it off my fingers.

Greg, it is. Smeared the smallest dab on our skirt steak last night and went straight to steak heaven.

Monday, May 18, 2009  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

When I read the label I figured how bad can -that- mixture be.(grin)

MB

Friday, May 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home