Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm Really Here

Not being a native Californian, I have to admit to a certain amused detachment when I see signs like this.
I'm not entirely immune the the spiritual side of life - I have long been a practitioner of Transcendental Meditation (which made my New York friends roll their eyes to heaven) and I'm currently trying out yoga - but somehow this claim made me smile.

In the Hidden City, we have a holistic health business and, while I agree strongly that health must be arrived at holistically, I have a certain amount of skepticism to the claim that one's aura can be healed with a 10 minute treatment.
If, indeed, auras exist - I feel like the agnostic who prayed, "Oh, God, if there is a God, save my soul, if I have a soul!"

Still, the playful side of my nature responds to the feathered, glittery, pink-and-blue attention-grabbers that this particular merchant used to bring in customers and, every now and then, I enjoy being reminded that, "Yes, I really do live in California!"

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kailyn said...

They must be using some sort of grounding exercise since that can be done rather quickly as opposed to chakra realignment. But that's more like a quick tune-up than a real healing. ;-)

--A native Californian

Saturday, May 16, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Just gotta say. I, too, am a native Californian. Doesn't make me an automatic vegan, or an automatic hot-tub enthusiast, or an automatic surfer.
We gots our individual enthusiasms.
"Aura" is not one of mine.
Like you, we tolerate. And like you, we're glad we're here.

Saturday, May 16, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I'd sit in that seat, just to see ... and because the feather doodads made me smile.

A sceptical non-Californian


oooo - wv is rests!

Saturday, May 16, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kailyn, see, that's what I mean!

Cookiecrumb, back when I was a Catholic, Doubting Thomas was my favorite apostle, but I loved St. Francis Assisi (for whom San Francisco was named) the best.

Morgan, what would happen if my aura didn't need healing?

Sunday, May 17, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, cool! Just call me Doubting Francis.
xx

Sunday, May 17, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

If your aura didn't need healing perhaps they could just give it a tickle!

Friday, May 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home