Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sheeshkabobs

The most recent Sunset magazine ran a quick and easy recipe that was easily the most delicious thing I've eaten this summer - halibut kabobs with bread chunks and pancetta.

All you do is cut halibut into 2" chunks, do the same with some nice artisan bread (Sunset recommends ciabatta; we used leftover sourdough baguette) and toss the fish and bread in a little olive oil into which you have snipped fresh rosemary.

Let them stand in the herbal oil for about five minutes, then thread them onto skewers with bacon running over, under and between each piece (the recipe called for thin-sliced pancetta but I didn't have any in the house). Grill for about 7-10 minutes and devour!

Sheesh, I hardly had time to take a quick-and-dirty picture before we devoured these!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

scrumptious!! Tell me more aboutthe plate underneath, it looks adorable!

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

So unexpected. I would have never thought of this.

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I'll have to try it.

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Sara, the plate is one of the Villeroy & Bosch series called "Naif" - my everyday china. Each plate is different so I don't get bored. :-)

Cookiecrumb, I agree - I wouldn't have thought of it. Strong flavors and really tasty!

Evlmprs, let me know what you think!

Monday, September 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home