Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gifts That Keep On Giving

Only the prosciutto on this plate was not a gift.

The peaches came from our wedding present tree and the plate itself was a gift from my Virginia brother and his wife, who brought it with them last Christmas.

The idea of using fruit and prosciutto together was a gift from my mother, who first tasted prosciutto and melon in Italy many years ago and told me about it; the inventiveness to try other fruits is also her gift - she was always one to experiment.

The "mmmms" and "aaaaahs" that come from serving this appetizer are also gifts of a different kind, compliments that make my head (and heart) swell. Sweet!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum. That makes me want to run out and get prosciutto and make up a plate now.

Sunday, August 31, 2008  
Blogger Dagny said...

Never thought of peach. I have always done pear with prosciutto. Although I must admit that -- part of my picky eating -- while my daddy is from a state that promotes their peaches, I'm more of a nectarine girl.

Monday, September 01, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Karine, thanks for stopping by.

Dagny, I agree, nectarines are da bomb but I have a peach tree, a very prolific peach tree!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my freaking god that looks good!!!!!

Saturday, September 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home