Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pocket Lunch

I'm continually surprised by how delicious lunch can be when scrounged out of stuff we already have in the house. I was feeling lazy and didn't want to go out shopping one day this week - but I managed to salvage a lunch and a dinner out of leftovers and ingredients already in the fridge.

These pita sandwiches are a good case in point. I had the pitas on hand and a leftover half a chicken from dinner the night before. I cubed about a cup of the chicken, added chopped broccoli and peeled, seeded, cubed cucumber, mixing them with a sauce made of a dab of mayo, the juice from half a lemon, a splash of milk and heaping tablespoon of curry powder.* Stuffed the chicken mixture into the pita pockets and it was a lovely lunch, easy to make and I didn't even have to leave the kitchen, much less the house!

*If you're making something similar, start with less curry powder and taste - different brands vary in strength and this one might be too spicy for some people.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I would have sworn, bet real money, that there was some avocado in there too!

Monday, August 25, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, that would have made it even better but I didn't have any in the house!

Monday, August 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home