Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ingenue vs. Siren

We've been having plain sliced peaches for dessert for weeks, which is not exactly a hardship, I admit, but we liked yesterday's black and white dessert so much that I decided to try a riff with peaches.

I used the same Bellwether Farms fromage blanc to fill the middle of halved, pitted peaches and they were delicious as well as deliciously easy.

Note that some of these peaches are darker than others - those are the rest of the smoked peaches we made a few days prior. My Beloved and I can't decide which we preferred - the smoked or the fresh peaches. Both were equally delicious, but quite different.

The fresh peaches and the fresh cheese are naturals together - simple, straightforward in a no-nonsense, stand-up kind of way. The smoked peaches were softer, slightly sweeter, more complex, darker, if you know what I mean - the difference between a light romantic comedy and a film noir drama (with a happy ending).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

While in the military I was in Georgia.They had a vending machine that dispensed ripe peaches. One of the few fond rememberences I have of that time.Love the peach!

Saturday, September 13, 2008  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

You're on a roll.
And have you noticed that grilled peaches are The Big Thing this summer? You're riding that wave like Duke Kahanamoku.

I'm about to blog details of what I did with some of your peaches. Bliss.

Saturday, September 13, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, what a great idea for schools - vending machines that deliver fresh, ripe fruit!

Cookiecrumb, can't wait - I know it will be delicious and different!

Sunday, September 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home