Monday, January 14, 2008

Headlights

Somehow to me, these look like owl eyes.

Here are the eggs that popped out of the adorable cracked egg silicon poachers after 30 minutes. They really were perfect, unlike the free-form poached eggs that I usually achieve by just sliding the eggs straight into the simmering water.

I'm so contrary that I kind of miss the humanity of those messy eggs where one is always slightly more cooked than the other because it went in first, the water is a swirl of egg white clouds, the shape is only vaguely round and the yolks are a softer yellow. My friend Meredith has expressed an interest in the silicon cups - I think they are headed to Hawaii. They have owls there, too - "pueo" in Hawaiian.

3 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

No, no, no! The messy humanity is the sine qua non. I love a shreddy, wet poached egg, with the yolk hidden inside the wispy whiteness. The other method is just... heat and a dish.

Monday, January 14, 2008  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, me, too.

Monday, January 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These looked like owl eyes to me too!

Thursday, January 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home