Friday, January 11, 2008

An Ex-Florist's Pleasure

Having been a floral designer for five years in another life, I really notice fresh flowers. At weddings, I'm always as interested in the bride's flower choices as I am in her dress. So, when I moved to San Francisco, one of the great joys I discovered is the tradition of a gorgeous arrangement of fresh flowers to greet the diners in nearly every restaurant. And then there's Greens, where they take flowers to a whole other level!

White enchantment lilies, dark purple, almost black, ti leaves, purple artichokes and lime green curly willow were the stars of this particular show. I love Greens for their fabulous vegetarian food, lovely Marina views and for the pleasure I get every time I open their big doors and get lost in whatever spectacular arrangement they display this time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Makes sense to me. I have a friend who used to be the manager at Greens. Before that he was the manager at another restaurant that always had fantastic arrangements. Because although I never did it for a living, I too notice those little nuances.

Thursday, January 10, 2008  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

I love Greens too, and although not a professional I too love the flowers that are at SF restaurants.

Friday, January 11, 2008  
Blogger peter said...

When I was in Hawaii we picked ti leaves and cooked 'ahi wrapped in the leaves over a guava wood fire. Insanity.

Sunday, January 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home