Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Ultimate Compliment

This morning, My Beloved paid me what I consider to be the ultimate compliment a man can give a woman. When I offered to cook bacon for his breakfast, he just snuggled a little closer and purred in my ear, "You're better than bacon."

Now, you must understand that, in our estimation, nothing is better than bacon! Needless to say, he's been in my good books all day.

A bonus of our trip to the Marin farmer's market last week was a new bacon to try. Range Brothers' leaping pig logo and the local nature of the enterprise were irresistible.

This is a meaty bacon, slightly sweet from the turbinado sugar and the maple syrup, one of those bacons that are somewhat difficult to crisp because of the high meat content. It's lovely, however, and makes getting out of bed for breakfast almost enough reward for leaving the warmth of the cocoon and the sweet compliments.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

What's better than bacon? Bacon with a maple-y taste. At times I toy with becoming vegetarian, or at least pescatarian (sp?), but I cannot give up the bacon. Forget ambrosia. Bacon is the food of the gods.

Saturday, September 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better than bacon is high praise indeed!

Sunday, September 30, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Awww....
I manhandled one of those packets of bacon at the market this morning, but since we were buying pork chops, decided to forgo. Nertz.

Sunday, September 30, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

A magnificent compliment indeed.

Sunday, September 30, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, we're with you. Gotta have it!

Mrs. L, I was tickled pink!

Cookiecrumb, there's always next week!

DMM, don't I know it! Made my day and week! :-)

Sunday, September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home