Friday, September 21, 2007

My Hero's Specialty

If you wonder what has made My Beloved such a hero in my eyes, here's one good example; he cooks for me when I come home beat to my knees from work. Isn't that wonderful?

His specialty is Linguine with Baby Clams. The recipe is simplicity itself but when I come through the door and see the package of pasta and the can of baby clams, I know I'm in for some spoiling. I can do my email, put my feet up with a good book, or just flake out on the bed for a little nap - my dinner is in good hands.

He crushes a big clove of garlic and softens it in a little olive oil, then adds the entire contents of a can (about 10 oz.) of baby clams into the pot. After boiling the linguine in a separate pot of salted water, he drains it, spoons the clams over it, and pours a little of the clam juice over the pasta. Topped with freshly grated parmesano reggiano, it's simple, filling and tastes of the ocean and the dairy. Served in our colorful pasta bowls, it's even satisfying to the eye as well.

If a guy wants to treat his hard working sweetie, this is an easy recipe for heroism.




2 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

A man who cooks, especially after you've had a long day, is always heroic.

Saturday, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, amen to that!

Sunday, September 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home