Thursday, September 13, 2007

Golden Planked Scallops

As you may recall, we're big fans of planking fish. We have planked salmon and halibut with great results but, according to My Beloved, sea scallops are the home run of planking.

I can't face scallops, myself, having overindulged as a child and somehow developed a mild allergy to what was my favorite seafood back then, but MB is very fond of them. Happily, they turn to gold right alongside my piece of salmon without mixing flavors so we can both enjoy our planked seafood.

All you do is place the scallops on the thicker end of a untreated cedar shingle and put the shingle directly on the grate of your barbecue, cover and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Lift the cover, note that the thin end of the shingle has begun to burn and smoke, press the scallops with your finger to test for desired doneness, and voila! Sea Scallop Heaven!

With some summer greenie beanies alongside and a slice or two of ripe tomato, dinner is golden!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

OK. This is sad. This time I have actually eaten before reading your post but I am still drooling. I am starting to feel like Pavlov's dog. Or one of my relatives who does not understand the concept of a full tummy. *sigh*

Thursday, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, planked food has that effect on me, too.

Friday, September 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home