Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thank You Soup

When you work as a career counselor, you enjoy the occasional thank you note or email from a grateful client who aced the interview or got the job - it makes your day and, sometimes, your whole week.

Consider, then, how long the pleasure lasts when your client brings not a simple thank you note, but a whole container of homemade French onion soup!

All I added was the toasted Acme sourdough slices, the grated Gruyere cheese and five minutes under the broiler before My Beloved and I dined on this lovely soup.

Our gratitude has lasted long beyond the soup - my heart is still warmed by the gesture a full week later, and counting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

That is a very lovely thank you. Once more I am drooling. So I guess that means it's dinner time.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting how just one of those grateful students can make up for a whole lot of "challenging" ones. (My coworkers informed me that I love to use the word "challenging" as a poor attempt at putting a positive spin on all the distasteful and sometimes, unreasonable, work we're given.)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, yes, I was really touched!

evlmprs, yes, we live for the occasional genuine thank you from our clients!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007  
Blogger Life Unordinary said...

I love your blog. The pictures are also very beautiful, very professionally taken.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Peridot, thank you! It's a pleasure to hear that! You've made my day!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home