Sunday, September 9, 2007

Loving a Cannibal

My Beloved is my hero. We spent last weekend doing much-neglected yard work, lopping sapling trees and uprooting blackberry brambles in the lower lot where we never go. We filled three, count 'em, three trailers full of dead branches, prickly berry canes and excess biomass to clear it away from the foundation of the house. Ugh. And the berries weren't even edible!

So, while MB and our neighbor P were taking the third load to the dump, I quickly showered and headed down to our local market for a piece of very lean sirloin steak to chop for his hero's lunch.

No, we didn't cook it.

His cannibal nature comes out at times like this and he likes nothing more than freshly ground raw beef.
If you have a food processor and haven't tried making your own burger yet, you are in for a treat. It takes just a few seconds and the wonderfully fresh taste is so worth the effort!

For his "cannibal sandwich" I use very lean beef but, if you like your hamburger cooked, as I do, leaving just a little fat on the meat will make a tastier hamburger. Either way, it makes a great reward for heroic service in the weed wars!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Can't say that I've ever tried the "cannibal" style but my family would choose to argue otherwise as I prefer meat that is cooked rare. OK. So "cooked" is a loose definition. Warm it up for me but don't go too far past that point.

Monday, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Ilva said...

I love raw meat, my mouth waters just by the thought of it... what does that make me? A werewolf?

Monday, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, I like rare beef, too, but I do draw the line at raw...

Ilva, MB will be delighted to know he has a soul sister in Italy!

Monday, September 10, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I can't help wondering why you didn't pat the chopped meat into a heart shape! :D
That MB... what an ox. And what a deer. Dear.

Monday, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

CC, you have such flair! :-) Next time!

Monday, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home