Thursday, September 6, 2007

Organization Woman

We took "Labor Day" 'waaaay too literally around our house, but I'm pleased with the result.

This is our pantry closet, very deep as you can see (sometimes, fog forms in the back of it), which used to be such a jumble of stuff that I could never find anything in it. We duplicated several items because we didn't know we had them in the welter of ancient and ossified foodstuffs lurking in there.
Who knew we had five different vinegars, seven distinct kinds of sugar, six different brands of tea, and five boxes of angel hair pasta, not to mention the troll who was camped out behind the cereal boxes? An archaeologist would have had a field day.

Last Sunday morning, early, we braved the Container Store in Marin to find some rolley-out shelves and some stackable shelves for the sides. My Beloved got to use our power drill to install them and I got to organize it all - we are happy laborers today!

The triumph of The Organization Woman! Okay, I've showed you my pantry - now show me yours!

8 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

So that's what you were doing in Marin! (Well, that and the Woodlands market... admirable field trip, say I.)
I am gaga about the Container Store. I think it's why I move so often now, so I'll need more specialized stuff.
Fun.

Thursday, September 06, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I don't have a pantry - sob.

Thursday, September 06, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

If you get bored, feel free to head on over and to organize my cabinets. ;-)

Thursday, September 06, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

CC, yes, isn't it great? I could easily melt my credit cards in that place! :-)

DMM, oh, dear. And here I was feeling sorry for myself about the shape of mine. What's that old saw about feeling sad that I have no shoes until I met a man with no feet?

Dagny, if you can wait 10 _more_ years, I might get around to yours. That's how long it took to figure out a solution to mine!

Thursday, September 06, 2007  
Blogger Anita (Married... with dinner) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, September 09, 2007  
Blogger Anita (Married... with dinner) said...

Dagny, I'll come help with yours. Give me your credit card and free reign at the Container Store :)

http://tinyurl.com/yq7nlx

I keep meaning to post about it, but I'm worried people will think (er, know?) I'm crazy.

Sunday, September 09, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Anita, I'm truly impressed! That's beautiful, functional and just plain gorgeous!

Sunday, September 09, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

I might have to take Anita up on her offer once I'm employed once more. Although I do have one of my father's credit card numbers... Nah. That would just start the nasty rumors once more.

Anita, love the picture. It completely appeals to my Type A personality.

Monday, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home