Thursday, August 30, 2007

Seven Boy Curry

Curry is a favorite meal at our house, not only for the savoriness of the sauce but also the fun of sprinkling one's own favorite condiments on top.

My Dad used to call this Seven Boy Curry - apparently in India when he visited, there actually was a little boy to serve each of the condiments. We are much less formal at our house - we just use a lazy susan to pass the goodies!

To top a recent curry feast, we added (clockwise from the top) fresh bacon, hardboiled egg, peanuts, scallion, raisins and red onion, with Major Grey style chutney in the center. There is something wonderful about having all the colors, textures and flavors mixed together in a single savory, salty, sweet, crunchy, velvety bite, like the instruments in a band all playing the same tune but each in its own way.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all those wee bowls of things are called "small small tings" at our house, I can't remember why.

Thursday, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

I haven't made a curry in some time. Perhaps in the next week...

Thursday, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

DMM, cute name - I wonder why!

Dagny, I can recommend it - we had it two nights running and it's actually better the second night!

Friday, August 31, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I suspect, Zoomie, it's from a book, most stuff is :) It's also the reason we call our (rather large & round) siamese cat Small, because she was such a small, small ting when she first arrived.

Friday, August 31, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

DMM, I got curious and Googled "small small ting" and you'd be amazed at the number of hits that generated! Give it a try - you'll smile!

Friday, August 31, 2007  
Blogger Kevin said...

Zoomie,
That's the way I do my favorite curry recipe. and also my understanding of the source of the name.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home