Sunday, August 26, 2007

Duck Liver Mousse Pate' Encore

The Fatted Calf duck liver mousse pate' was, as I have written previously, an incredibly rich experience. It was so good that My Beloved and I overdid it a bit and ended up in what can only be described as a gluttonous stupor.

So, with the little bit we had left over, we decided to add a little vegetable matter, not only to cut the richness of the pate' but also to add flavors.

This was our solution. Little dollops of pate' on cucumber rounds with minced red onion on the top. Pop one in and you get creamy, crunchy, savory, fresh, rich and tangy all at once. We cried "Encore! Encore!" until they were all gone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Thank you for showing me another way to eat pate.

Sunday, August 26, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Brilliant!
Nice photo.

Sunday, August 26, 2007  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Dagney & Cookie,

You have a major treat in store!!

Buzz

Monday, August 27, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, it was great just plain but even better, in our view, with the veggie embellishments!

Cookie, thanks, I rather liked that picture, myself. I'm learning!

Buzzb, right on!

Monday, August 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home