Saturday, August 25, 2007

Slightly Cracked

Oops!

Looking forward to a quick dinner of poached eggs, I pulled the carton out of the fridge expecting it to be heavy but it was so unexpectedly light that I fumbled the whole thing, watching in dismay as it fell.

Why does that always seems to happen in slow motion with plenty of time to think, "Oh, NO!" on the way down?

Out bounced this big brown egg, one of the last ones I had, and landed on my not-very-clean kitchen floor.

Rats!

But, upon closer inspection, I saw that, miraculously, it was only slightly cracked so I got my poached dinner after all. Minor miracle of the day - I must be living right!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I believe strongly in karma so you must have some very positive energy out there.

Why are you looking at me like that? Didn't I mention that back in the 60s your neighborhood was pretty much an artists' colony? And I bet they believed in karma.

Friday, August 24, 2007  
Blogger Moonbear said...

Oh those bouncing brown eggs! I have had the same experience with the too light egg carton.
And oh yeah-- you are definitely living right. In fact right on. I loved your amorous blog about BART. I feel the same way even tho I don't have to commute.

Saturday, August 25, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, actually, the neighborhood still is a bit of an artists' colony - I know of a glass artist, a photographer and several painters who live here - they may even be holdouts from the '60s! :-)

Moonbear, lucky you not to have to commute! I dream of finding a great job close to home but, so far, no luck! Guess I'm just lucky in love and lucky with eggs...

Sunday, August 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home