Saturday, August 18, 2007

Chicken in a Purple Bed

I decided to roast my latest chicken on a bed of purple shallots and red potatoes and, after I took this picture, I succumbed to Molly at Orangette's idea of adding a little balsamic vinegar drizzled over the shallots, the potatoes and the bird.

In the oven, the shallots slumped into soft, savory pillows, the potatoes browned and sizzled in the pan juices, and the chicken was wonderful with the hint of mellow vinegar complementing the usual Herbes de Provence that I almost always use.

Almost a religious experience. If Heaven has clouds, they are softly purple and browned on the bottom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

OK. Time to defrost the chicken in the fridge. And then maybe I'll sample the cranberry relish.

Sunday, August 19, 2007  
Blogger Molly said...

Oooh, I love it! That sounds fantastic, m'dear. Wish I could have stopped by for a plateful. xo

Sunday, August 19, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

What a beautiful story, nicely told.
I need a chicken. I now know what to do with it.

Sunday, August 19, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, let me know how you liked the relish if you do try it.

Molly, I thought of you with each bite, and thanked you for the idea!

Cookie, gee, thanks.

Sunday, August 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home