Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What Am I Gonna DO With You??

When I was a bratty little kid and Dad was out at sea and Mom was at her wit's end with my brattiness and ready to scream, she'd glare at me and say, "What am I going to do with you?" Luckily, whatever ideas she had at those times were not fatal.

Recently, when My Beloved and I were treating ourselves to the very upscale grocery shopping experience to be had at the Woodlands Market in Kentfield, I saw these three diminutive cauliflowers (that's a cherry tomato to give you an idea of the size) and thought, "Oh, you little dickenses! What am I going to do with you?"

There was never a doubt that they were coming home with me but what to do that will retain those bright colors and showcase their fist-sized perfection? I'd welcome any input from the Peanut Gallery, as long as it comes in the next day or so.... any ideas?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a raw cauliflower salad?

http://lucullian.blogspot.com/2007/05/cauliflower-walnut-and-parsley-salad-or.html

Tuesday, September 04, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

bake them in ramikins with some sour cream & cheese.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

evlmprs, thanks for the good idea! I'll look for parsley in today's farmer's market in the Civic Center!

DMM, also yummy sounding!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I have plans for making a raw cauliflower "cous cous" for a pal who is now a raw/vegan. You hack up the florets into cous cous-like crumbs, and then top it with... oh, gosh, I'm still working on it. Something liquidy, something vegetabley.

Or! Better idea. I pickled some beautifully colored cauliflower last winter, along with peppers and baby carrots and what-all.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you can make an Indian Curry : cut them up into florets & lightly stir fry them, heat oil add onions, fry them, add tomatoes, red chilli, salt, and indian garam masala, and add peas, and cooked ground meat, the stir fried florets and mix well. The curry is ready :-)

www.monaafzal.wordpress.com

Thursday, September 06, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Mona, interesting idea but I'd like to make their fun colors the centerpiece... I'll save the curry for a "normal" cauliflower!

Thursday, September 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home