Monday, September 3, 2007

Baker Street Bistro, Formidable!

Blurry but beautiful, this is my latest dinner from the Baker Street Bistro where My Beloved and I celebrated the Friday evening of the Labor Day weekend with a dinner out. Sorry about the picture quality but I was trying to be discreet as I photographed my way through the meal.

Perfectly cooked hanger steack (sic) with shallot/wine sauce (and I suspect a little balsamic vinegar), a generous mound of crispy frites, some watercress as lip service to my mother's stricture to eat greens with every meal, and very nice waiters who take teasing about menu misspellings with good grace. Add a nice glass of red wine recommended by the very knowledgeable headwaiter, some lovely photos of Paris
on the back wall, (including one of the interior of the marvelous Belle Epoque restaurant, Le Train Bleu, where MB and I dined in style on our trip to Paris last year), friendly diners at neighboring tables, a chance to parlez un peu de francais with the very attentive but not smothering wait staff, and you have more or less defined my perfect restaurant experience.

This was our second visit to the Baker Street Bistro, a tiny 10-table place near the Presidio in San Francisco, and we enjoyed it just as much this time as last. We'll be returning on a regular basis and we'll hope to chat with you at your neighboring table.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Mmmmm ... meat. You weren't kidding when you said that it's near the Presidio. I haven't been in that area in some time but I might just have to check this place out the next time I find myself in the area.

Monday, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, we didn't realize when we went there that it was so well known - we had just bombed out at another restaurant so gave it a try! Home run!

Thursday, September 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home