Saturday, September 1, 2007

Home, Home on the Range

I'm a big fan of home fries in just about any form; being half Irish, my love of potatoes is genetic. Anyway, I decided to make home fries recently as a treat for My Beloved. I've been on a shallot kick lately and I wanted them to be a little different, so I decided to add shallots to the mix.

To me, shallots taste somewhere between onion and garlic. Adding them to just about anything improves the flavor. So, I slowly sauteed redskin potatoes this time with coarsely chopped shallots, a little salt, a generous grinding of fresh black pepper and some fresh chopped parsley (not sure why the green didn't show up in the picture!). MB made short work of them underneath a couple of easy overs.

Deliciously easy at home on your range!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Mmmmm. Potatoes. I could eat potatoes all day long. And I don't know why I've never tried shallots with them as I love shallots as well. I usually go for rosemary as the green.

Sunday, September 02, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Weekend breakfast -- nice.
(I saw some green.)

Sunday, September 02, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, rosemary sounds great, too!

Cookie, thanks for finding some green in there. My mother rests easy in Heaven when she knows I've had some green each day.

Sunday, September 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home