Sunday, September 9, 2007

Crunchy Little Salad

A few days ago, I wrote about finding these three tiny cauliflowers, white, green and lavender, and asked readers for some suggestions of how to use them. I got some interesting ideas that I will try with subsequent cauliflowers, but none seemed just right for showcasing the color of these fresh heads.

My friend the Evil Empress suggested a nutty salad that sounded good, wasn't quite what I wanted, so I improvised - a riff on her idea.

I broke the cauliflower up into bite-sized pieces, added cherry tomatoes, golden raisins, carrot slices, mild red onion and marcona almonds, mixed them all together and drizzled them with a little balsamic vinaigrette.

The crunch was surpassed only by the deliciousness of the yummy ingredients.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting and yummy, but as with everything in life, I bet it would be improved with bacon :)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

evlmprs, have you met Biggles yet? He's a bacon lovin' guy, too. Check out his blog called Meathenge - you'll find a kindred spirit there!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home