Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Official!

I read a lot. I love to read. I read all kinds of books - a whole bunch of potboilers but a nice mix of "serious" reading, too. I read on the BART train on my morning and evening commutes and, mostly, I read during my lunch break, too. I have always prized my library card and I'm delighted now to live close to cousins J-Yah and Sher with whom I trade books I liked for ones they enjoyed.

So, I guess you could say I've always been a bookworm, but now it's official. I'm the latest Bookworm on the wonderful Perfect Pantry blog, recommending this week a fun series of mysteries featuring M. Pamplemousse, a bumbling French detective who happens also to write reviews for a famous restaurant guide, aided by his faithful Bloodhound, Pommes Frites.

Hope you will enjoy a few of these lighthearted and amusingly written mysteries as your pots boil over!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I will have to remember those when I start reading adult books once more. Seriously.

Sunday, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, well, I guess you could call them adult books...but not very! Just light reading and fun.

Sunday, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Oh my, he's the chap who wrote the Paddington Bear books I LOVED those books and will be visiting the 2nd hand bookshop on the way home this very day - thanks for the heads up!

Sunday, September 16, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

DMM, I'm glad you are pleased and I think you'll enjoy a chuckle or two at these books.

Monday, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

M. Pamplemousse is all out of print but I found the first one via a second-hand book site - it arrived on Friday and I'm halfway through - just loving it. Thanks again.

Friday, October 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home