Friday, September 28, 2007

When Good Fruit Goes Bad

This is the down side to eating delicious, ripe, organic fruit - it just doesn't keep that well. Pal Jeanne and I picked up these beautiful strawberries at the Sunday Marin farmer's market (yes, she is a convert!) and by Monday morning, because I didn't refrigerate them, most of them collapsed overnight into mush. Mushy mush. Oozing mushy mush. Mush.

Lucky that Jeanne thought to put them on a paper towel after washing, or my cool vintage counters would have been running in strawberry goo.

I did manage to salvage a few... but the moral of the story is, enjoy 'em soonest unless you like fuzzy mush.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had this happen the first time I bought some Strawberries from the local FM too! Thankfully we have cheap tile condo counters!

Friday, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Jennywenny said...

Another moral of the story is to only wash your strawbs when you're ready to eat, that slightly lengthens their life

Friday, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

mrs.l, I was just kidding about the "cool vintage counters." I hate them but young people now remark on them! Go figure!

jennywenny, aha!a good tip! I'll remember that! Thanks!

Friday, September 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, October 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home