Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Greenie Beanies

No, it's not about the lamb brochettes (although they were delish and I didn't even have to fix them myself, just threw 'em on the grill!) and it's not about the caprese salad (although it was bright and the fresh mozzarella came from the store steeped in herby olive oil, a nice refinement I hadn't seen before) - it's about the delicious greenie beanies MB found in our little local market, the tiny, thin ones, no more than 3 inches long and slender. Haricots verts, as I learned to say in my schoolgirl French.

Why aren't they available in all markets and only sometimes? Are these just picked before they get big or are they a whole different bean? Anybody out there know the answer? I'd offer you some but we ate 'em all! My mother would have been proud.

3 Comments:

Blogger meathenge said...

I'm in love with your countertops.

Biggles

Wednesday, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

That all looks so good.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Rev, yes, aren't we cool at our house?

Dagny, it was. Hope you can chew again soon.

Thursday, August 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home