Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ice Cream Sandwich

Usually I get pretty miffed when I read that our legislators have been wasting my hard-earned tax dollars passing bills to commemorate nonsense like National Whatsis Month, but I read in a food blog somewhere (sorry, I can't find it to give credit where it's due) that July is National Ice Cream Month.

Now, that's what I call a good use of legislative time and taxpayer money! If we all did our duty and ate ice cream every day, we'd be a better and happier nation, and we'd be respected around the world.

So, here's my salute the passing of National Ice Cream Month and my solemn pledge to do my duty every single day of the year. This is an ice cream sandwich made with tiny chocolate chip cookies and coffee ice cream. I have assembled these for guests for many years so now when they return and the ice cream sandwiches come out, I always hear, "Oh, I was hoping you'd make these!"

Here's the deal - buy the small cookies, like Newman's Own, and freeze them along with the the Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream. Freezing the cookies is important because otherwise the room temperature cookies will melt the ice cream and the sandwiches will stick together in the freezer. Once the cookies are frozen, use one of those little sorbet scoopers (or just a spoon) to put a nice dollop of ice cream between two cookies. Press down gently to spread the ice cream to the edges of the cookies, pop it in a freezer bag and keep frozen until you're ready to celebrate National Ice Cream Month in style.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Cute. I'll have to keep them in mind once I'm allowed to bite stuff again.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Dagney,

Can't bite? I hope this is a temporary thing?

MB

Wednesday, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, MB and I both want to wish you a speedy recovery! In the meantime, I have one word for you - milkshakes!

Thursday, August 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home