Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thanks to the Peanut Gallery

I'm still pretty new at this blogging business but already I can report that it's not only great fun to write the posts but it's really, really fun to read the comments from the Peanut Gallery!

I'm amazed by the fact that comments come so quickly and from far and wide. Through the blogosphere, I've already been connected with people from Canada, Oz (Aus), NZ, Italy, Ireland, France and several places around the US, as well.

So, in honor of all you in the Peanut Gallery who have already enriched my life, here's a link to the very best peanuts grown in the world, Plantation Peanuts. My former brother in law was a peanut farmer in Virginia and he raised crops for this enterprise. I can recommend especially the unsalted ones but I've enjoyed nearly all their choices.

Thank you!


3 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

No, thank you. I figured that I had to have been near the place during my various wanderings of back roads of Virginia. Whenever I think of that area, I think of the Surrey House Restaurant and peanut soup.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, I've been to the Surrey House when my sister lived in that neck of the woods - for their Blue Crab cakes - killer! It is quite near, perhaps a half an hour's leisurely drive from Wakefield, where Plantation is. You can order by mail if you're in the mood to make peanut soup - I never had the courage to try it! But I adore their peanuts!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007  
Blogger Dagny said...

I've never been brave enough for the peanut soup either. Instead I like to go for she crab soup. Mmmmm!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home