Monday, July 30, 2007

Haste to the Wedding

I don't want to steal Molly's thunder by writing about the food at her wedding (except to say it was delicious and just what you'd expect from those two!). Plus, you might hear from Tea and Cookies or Gluten Free Girl about that, as well - I was thrilled to meet them and The Chef there, too! (I can't tell you what a tickle it is to meet food blog glitterati!)

But,
having been a florist for several years, I always notice the flowers at weddings, maybe even more than the bride's dress. And the flowers were really wonderful! The pew markers were white dahlias and pale blue delphiniums with a little variegated pittosporum and, here's the Molly and Brandon touch, in canning jars hung with white satin ribbons around the necks of the jars. It seems Brandon haunts thrift stores and often succumbs to an irresistible attraction to canning jars, so they decided to use those for the flowers. The ex-florist approves; I was charmed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Love the dahlias and the canning jars! I was just thinking this past weekend that if life had gone differently, I would have been a wedding planner. I appreciate all of the small things at a ceremony and reception. Then again I'm not that old ... or at least I like to think so.

Monday, July 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those gals are definitely food blog glitterati! (Love that terms, you're a genius you are.) So cool that you went to Molly's wedding, I can't wait to hear more!

Ari (Baking and Books)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Dagny, better you than me as the wedding planner! Yikes, you are a brave, brave soul! Molly was calm but most brides and especially their mothers are NOT! :-)

Ari, wish I could take credit for that term but I stole it - can't recall where I read it but immediately I appropriated it! :-)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Tea said...

Lovely to meet you as well! And what a perfect day, everything was beautiful.

Though I must say, I don't think I'm food blog glitterati (I just hang out with them!:-)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I couldn't believe how cool and calm Molly was going into this thing. And to think she and Brendan even plotted out details like canning jars!
Can I get a do-over on my wedding? Er, well. No. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Tea, to me, you are what I hope some day to become - good, personal, fearless writer and a marvelous photographer as well. That spells glitterata to me!

Cookie, yes, every detail was as perfect as the canning jars. It's no wonder Molly is as successful as she is - she has it all! And Brandon adds to the fun.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  
Blogger Tea said...

Aww, I wasn't fishing for compliments (but thanks!:-).

Friday, August 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home