Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Picasa Prettied

You will be amazed.

Cookiecrumb and Greg turned me on to Picasa, a downloadable program free from Google that permits one to organize and edit photos. If you compare this version with the photo I posted a few days ago of the same meal, you'll see what a dramatic difference it made in the colors. I used "warmify" and "color correction" and it improved the colors of the original photo amazingly! No more Dr. Seuss-like green rice and lamb. Now the rice is golden, although perhaps more golden than it was in real life. Still, far better than green, right?

You might want to try this on your blog, too. Let Picasa prettify your pictures, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I've paid big bucks for Photoshop and Nikon Capture only to find a free program that I like even better.You will have more fun when you try some other features.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

How nice, and brave of you. Like Greg says, there's more to explore. There's no right or wrong; you just push buttons and slide scales until YOU like it. Great!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I will practice a bit more. I'm sure this program will help me to have more appetizing photos.

Cookiecrumb, I'm looking forward to working with the program a bit more in the coming days. Thanks again for the tip.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home