Thursday, January 6, 2011

Smokin'

I apologize for the quality of the photo - it's always difficult to get good pictures in a restaurant - but not for the quality of the food. The black lump with the sprig of cilantro on the right side of the rice is tea-smoked duck that we enjoyed at lunch at Harmony in the Strawberry Village shopping center in Mill Valley. You can really taste the tea and the smoke as separate flavors in the rich meat. I am inspired to try tea-smoking something - it's dynamite! Must go online and figure out how to do that.

If you are reading this locally, I can recommend the restaurant. The interior is tasteful and restful and interesting. The food we tried was all very good (great Chinese chicken salad and minced lamb with raddichio leaves that I didn't get pictures of) and they were quite helpful and patient with our four year old granddaughter who had a splendid time. She asked very politely, "Pamma (Pam+Gramma=me), may I please have another piece of tea-smoked duck?" with a smile to melt your heart. Turns out she adores tea-smoked duck. My Beloved's daughter and son-in-law are happily raising a foodie.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I can totally see wanting to try tea-smoking at home. I suspect it's not difficult. Hurry and try!
We love that restaurant; gotta get back.

Thursday, January 06, 2011  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

I've almost bought a little smoke box doodad several times, for the bbq. I'm thinking next time I'm wandering around a bbq shop I may just relent. Smoked duck, mmmmm.

Thursday, January 06, 2011  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, gotta get some duck first - or spareribs. My Beloved's daughter said those are good, too.

Ms Mouse, according to online instructions it can be done on the stovetop with aluminum foil but one must have an exhaust fan or be able to open windows. I suspect one gets smoked right along with the duck.

Thursday, January 06, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home