Sunday, January 1, 2012

Holiday Gifting

Now, this is what I call a good holiday present!

It wasn't a surprise, since the daughters wanted to assure that I or My Beloved didn't go out and buy me the same thing, but it really is a delight.

I have wanted a KitchenAid mixer since God was a child, but I never quite got up the oomph to buy one for myself. I just kneaded and whipped the old fashioned way, eschewing recipes that called for very much of either of those activities. For example, I have always wanted to try making a Bûche de Noel but the thought of all the beating necessary to make the cake batter smooth and ribbony - well, I settled for store bought bûches with their too-sweet icing.

Now, I'm liberated, able to tackle just about any kitchen task. Empowered, that's what I am. Isn't that the definition of a really great holiday gift?

8 Comments:

Blogger Kailyn said...

Congrats! I was just sure that you of all folks would have had a Kitchenaid for years. They are indeed wonderful creations.

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Blogger Hungry Dog said...

Enjoy it! I have one and love it. I don't use it all the time but when I do it is a lifesaver. Happy new year!

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Blogger Greg said...

SWeeeet!!

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Happy New Year!
It's not too late to make that buche, is it?

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Gorgeous - what a great gift! I bought one years ago, in Andorra, and it's a very bizarre model with a plastic hood that makes it very difficult to use - hubs rigged up some alterations... But I'd love one like yours. Have fun - and a very Happy New Year to you and your Beloved!

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

WOW! Now that's what I call a gift!

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

It's lovely, we have one & I love it. Pizza making is a dream :)

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kailyn, yes, most friends of mine have been surprised I didn't already own one. Just recently got an immersion blender, too.

Hungry Dog, like you, I envision using it occasionally but loving it when I do.

Greg, oh, yeah, baby!

Cookiecrumb, I've been thinking about a buche, but may postpone. We'll see...

Katiez, thanks for your New Year's wishes and I think you deserve the Kitchen Aid of your choice as payment for raising those two puppies! ;-)

Nancy, that's just what I said when I unwrapped it, "WOW!"

Ms Mouse, you are prophetic as well as adorable with your new watch wearing, pen wielding avatar.

Sunday, January 01, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home