Saturday, August 14, 2010

Goody Two Shoes

I'm not exactly a fashion maven - in fact, I basically hate to shop for clothes and I always choose comfort over style. I order most of my clothes out of catalogs to spare myself the trip to the dreaded (shudder) shopping mall. I like loose fit, cotton fabrics and flipflops almost all year 'round. When bluejeans came into fashion for more than gardening back in the '60s, I embraced them with a glad cry, liberated at last from having to make fashion choices.

But, how could I resist Blue Suede Shoes? How could anyone of my generation resist blue, blue, blue suede shoes, Bebbeh? I grew up listening to Elvis but had never seen an honest-to-goodness pair of blue suede shoes before cruising on the Toms website.

Not only are they inexpensive, comfortable and a total kick, they also did some good. Toms' business model is organized such that the company gives a new pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair you purchase. Is that a great idea, or what? I ordered some for my sister's birthday and another pair for myself, happy in the knowledge that somewhere three little kids just got new shoes.

I don't think of myself as a do-gooder, but these are definitely goody two
(blue suede) shoes.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Beautiful, why bother resisting? I've got my eyes on some lavender suede shoes atm, I shouls stop resisting, it's pointless :)

Saturday, August 14, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Ms Mouse, my resistance in this case lasted about a nanosecond. :-)

Sunday, August 15, 2010  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

I'm a confirmed 'comfy clothes catalogue shopper' from way back. And I have never owned Blue Suede Shoes. That has got to stop!

Monday, August 16, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

KatieZ, yes, that behavior must stop! I wonder if Toms will deliver to France?

Monday, August 16, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home