Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oh, Fudge!

My good friend, Wenirs, lives in Michigan. We love visiting her there and are thoroughly bummed that this year we are missing the trip Up North with them to their cabin on Manistee Lake. Wenirs is there this week with her husband and new black lab puppy, Harvey, plus my Fairy Goddaughter and her friend Christina. And I'm stuck here on jury duty. Phooey!

So, you can imagine our delight when at the Sonoma County fair we spied a booth selling Mackinac Island fudge. No, it's not Burdick's (the gold standard for fudge) but we bought it anyway as a connection to the festivities we are missing Up North.

So, Wenirs, have a little whitefish paté for me and some fudge. Maybe we can make it next year.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Jury duty...blah humbug. Fudge would make the courtroom a better place.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I've never been empaneled. I would dread it; I'm a lousy citizen.
I love the idea of regional candies.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I may be the only citizen in the country who is actually interested in what happens in the courtroom. :-)

Cookiecrumb, it's sobering, indeed, to sit in judgment on one's fellow citizens, but I'd want me on my jury so I do it.

Yes, regional fudge - delish!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

you know about frango mints from chicago?

not sure i'd want you on my jury. :D

Wednesday, August 11, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, no, I'm unaware of Frango mints but I might be going to Chi next month so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I, on the other hand, wouldn't fear having either you or Cranky on my jury. You're intelligent and you'd be fair.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Guilty! Off with her head!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Okay, on second thought...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home