Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Again With The Coffee?!

Again with the coffee??

Well, uh, yes. We've been doing all kinds of experimenting with our coffee essence, from desserts to main dishes to quick breads as well as iced in a glass. Coffee, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

This is a lamb loin roast, marinated for about five hours in thinned coffee essence, 2 cloves worth of minced garlic and a big pinch of mixed dried herbs. Then thrown on the barbecue grill over gray coals for 10 minutes on the first side and 6 on the second side. Let it rest for an additional 10 minutes before slicing.

It was amazing. The temptation to overeat was palpable - I had literally to leave the table and go into another room while My stronger-willed Beloved put it away. He may have snagged an extra taste on the way to the fridge, too.

Rich and deeply flavorful, we could taste the garlic but not really the coffee. It was there as an undertone but didn't intrude - a well-dressed bouncer at an upscale night club that you don't notice until the patrons get rowdy and you need the muscle. To say we recommend this method of preparing meat is a gross understatement. Try it. You must try it. Try it now. You can thank me later.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Chilebrown said...

I bet that makes some great sandwiches.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

You guys are brilliant with the grilling. Seems like such a short cooking time, and yet, look! Perfection.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Chilebrown, My Beloved used the leftovers to top a big green salad - he approves.

Cookiecrumb, the meat was at room temp, hence the relatively short cooking time.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010  
Blogger Greg said...

That looks so good! Jump into my tummy!

Thursday, August 05, 2010  
Blogger meathenge said...

OH YEAH !!! I want that now, in my mouth.

xo, Biggles

Thursday, August 05, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, I get more compliments on my meat posts than any others!

Rev. Biggles, I can always count on you for a comment when there's meat in the photo.

Thursday, August 05, 2010  
Blogger meathenge said...

Am I that predictable? I suppose so, heh.

xo, Biggles

Friday, August 06, 2010  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Biggles, I'd say consistent rather than predictable. ;-)

Friday, August 06, 2010  
Blogger peter said...

Coffee and lamb are wonderful together. Try it on pork ribs, too.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home