Monday, July 20, 2009

Green Goo

You've heard of Green Goddess but have you tried Green Goo?

I invented Green Goo last weekend when My Beloved and I were fixing salads for lunch. As you know, I've been on a Greek yogurt kick, so I thought I'd try making a simple salad dressing by whisking together the yogurt, some basil pesto (I didn't make the pesto - bought it at our local farmer's market) and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Okay, so it wasn't the prettiest dressing you've ever seen - in fact, it was a downright unhealthy sort of green. Try it anyway. The taste was stellar - tangy, garlicky, lemony tune with that earthy basil flavor muttering sub rosa like that funny old guy, Tyrone T. Horneigh, in the Laugh-In show who always gets clocked with the spinster's purse.

Green Goo. Gotta love it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Since you have a bounty of tomatoes, you might want to check out this recipe from Tyler Green:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/florence/detail?entry_id=43746
I think we should rename that dressing "Zommie's GG." Works for me.

Monday, July 20, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, squeamish, are you? :-)

Tuesday, July 21, 2009  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

On no - or not about this. I was thinking of future marketing slogans for when you sell this at the Farmer's Market. Zoomie,the Green Goddess sounds just about right.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home