Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Time Salmon

"Summer time, and the living is easy. Fish are jumping and the cotton is high."

Well, I can't vouch for the height of the cotton, but the fish are certainly jumping onto our plates this summer and we are feeling pretty rich.

Leftover planked salmon is not exactly a penance, but a little variety wouldn't hurt, either; I thought of making a sauce for the cold fish and warm asparagus but didn't want anything heavy.

When I think like that, Cookiecrumb usually comes to mind - she's very creative about lightening up foods. With her as my mental muse, I spooned about a tablespoon of Greek yogurt mixed with about a teaspoon of lemon juice and minced fresh dill from my garden over the fish. Instant sauce, instant success, and we very nearly rose up singing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

That's almost enough for me to wish for summer, almost ;)

Monday, July 13, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Wow, you out-Cookiecrumbed me! That is precious.

Monday, July 13, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Morgan, I guess one reason I live in California is that I'm always wishing for summer.

Cookiecrumb, thanks for the inspiration, as always. And we are channeling each other again - I wrote this song-based post before I read yours. Great minds!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home