Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Simple OMG Will Do

Every now and then, the interweb brings an idea that spreads like wildfire. I'll get emails from friends with offers to make a poster of myself in the Obama style and several of my friends will have discovered and done it. Or I'll receive exhortations to view a hilarious YouTube video about a skateboarding bulldog and more than one of my pals will have alerted me to this bit of silly fun. Expressions like LOL fly around the world in a flash. And, best of all, sometimes a dynamite new recipe will appear on one of the blogs I follow, and it will be spread to everyone I know in less than the time it takes to tell it.

I predict the wildfire spread for this recipe. Click this link to The Wednesday Chef and read the drool-worthy words that Luisa has written about Melissa Clark's roasted shrimp and broccoli, then Try This Recipe!

It is simplicity itself, using only a very few ingredients and coming together lightning fast, but it is the best thing we have tasted in months. My Beloved and I literally gobbled our dinners, only raising our heads at the end to look at each other in awestruck amazement. A simple OMG will do.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

And of course, you serve it with No-Knead Bread.
It really does sound good.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

Well, it's made it all the way down here - I guess I'm shopping for prawns on the way home tonight!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, you'd love it!

Morgan, see what I mean about the wildfire spread? I'll look forward to hearing if you liked it as much as we did.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

She liked it. :)
Me, we haven't tried it yet. Thinking HOMEGROWN broccoli. (shouting? sorry)
See you Friday.

Thursday, January 22, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, I have a little Swiss chard that's still making leaves, too, but not enough for a meal yet.

Thursday, January 22, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We tried it and loved it! The two JVH's.

Sunday, February 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home