Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chocolate Burrito?

True to their name, my burrito at Cafe Cacao had a little chocolate in it. Makes sense, as it's in the Scharrfen Berger chocolate factory in Emeryville.

My chicken burrito was amply stuffed with big chicken pieces, wrapped in a spinach tortilla, topped with avocado, rocket and green beans, and sprinkled with a little dry cheese. But, best of all was the mole-style sauce that was poured over it, rendering it juicy, flavorful and tasting of chocolate, chilis and something else indefinably Mexican.

Nice. Fresh. And what's not to like about chocolate for brunch?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kailyn said...

Not much different from the mole enchiladas that I love. I hear they do grilled chocolate sandwiches over there as well.

Sunday, January 18, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I love that place. Haven't been to the cafe, but I took the tour. I'm now a hardcore 80% fan.

Sunday, January 18, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Kailyn, do they really?? I didn't see that on the menu, but then I have to admit that grilled chocolate sammies sounds a little over the top for me.

Cookiecrumb, sadly, I get a major headache when I eat dark chocolate in any quantity. The mole was just enough.

Sunday, January 18, 2009  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, Zoomie. I don't eat it in any quantity! Just a square now and then. I'm totally not an addict.
Too bad about the headaches, though. Poor you.

Sunday, January 18, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, anyone who has met you knows you don't eat chocolate - or anything else - in any quantity! :-) Didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Monday, January 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home