Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Toy for Pepper Boy

My Beloved loves me - and pepper - in just about equal proportions. Some people salt food before ever tasting it - MB is guilty of peppering it before even lifting his fork.

So, you can imagine the envy he felt when he saw one of these at his daughter's house, a battery-powered pepper mill that extrudes coarse pepper with the push of a button - and actually lights the plate so you can see just how much too much pepper he is putting on his food!

Santa brought him one for Christmas - or perhaps it was Santa's elves - his two daughters, son-in-law and granddaughter. He is tickled pink with his new toy, gleefully grinding and grinning.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

What a crack-up! (Was that a pun?)
We gave a one-hand pepper grinder to a friend who was recovering from a mugging that left her right hand temporarily out of use.
Life is adorable.

Thursday, January 08, 2009  
Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said...

space-age, cool.
Life often smells good.

Friday, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Hey - I want one too. I love fresh ground pepper; the stuff that you get pre-ground is blah! Good for the both of you.

Friday, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Cookiecrumb, yes, I laughed out loud the first time I saw it - but then I always did have a weird sense of humor.

Morgan, smells - oh, yes - close your eyes and breath the good ones in!

Nancy, I'd guess that Sur La Table sells them... unless you have a generous relative who's looking for a birthday idea for you.

Friday, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

I've also seen a smaller battery-powered one. No light, but it's just a little bigger than your palm. I'm thinking perfect travel gift for your Beloved.

Friday, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Kailyn said...

Salt? In moderation. Pepper? As I say in restaurants when they're grinding pepper onto my salad, "Keep going until your arm gets tired." I need one of those.

Friday, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Terry B, I'll be on the lookout for that! He'd love it!

Kailyn, yes, you do!

Saturday, January 10, 2009  
Blogger Buzz Baylis said...

Kailan: I am going to 'steal' that line!

MB

Saturday, January 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home